Having been recently given a soldering iron as an early birthday present, I decided to create pieces of jewellery from the the metal ends of the umbrella frames. I created this ring and these earrings, I really like that they aren't perfectly neat and instead are a little disjointed.
Friday, 28 October 2011
I love creating the pattern above as I felt the textured background really worked so I used in some of my other images.
The images are slightly blurry but this is the leaflet I created for my typography project. I was given the letter N and then the words No Entry. I made the whole leaflet from metal and I headted the covers to make the pattern on the cover. Each of the leaflet pages have been created by printing images I had previously drawn on to acetate and then painting in the white backgrounds. I hinged the leflet and I think that fact that it is bolted in adds to the locked in effect. One side of the leaflet featured the more monochrome images, whereas the other side showed the coloured images and was a little more interactive with flaps. I wanted to display the many meanings of no entry using soft versus hard imagery.
This is the final piece I created inspired by umbrellas. The whole dress is made from umbrella material and I plan to create jewellery using the umbrella frames. The skirt of the dress has been cut into circles to create interesting patterns and then I was able to use the circles that were cut out on the bodice.
Sunday, 16 October 2011
Friday, 14 October 2011
These are some images that we had to create for a stereotypes project. We picked two opposite stereotypes, a builder and dominatrix. I was used as the model and then acrylic paint was applied almost all over me to create my personnas. I really enjoyed this shoot but it was just quite hard to get the paint off afterwards!
These pieces I created for my final pieces over the summer, to go with the earlier posted graphic top. They were all created by taking old photographs, making them black and white, adding frames and then upping the contrast. They were then printed on to iron on transfer paper. I really like the effect I created. The above image displays the tassles on one of the t-shirts, which I knoted and then wrote them names of all my family members on to make it more personal.
The pattern above was created with phesant feathers and then scanned in and repeated.
I created these images for my coursework for A level. I drew inspiration from the pheonix on the front of the Harry Potter book. I really like the pheonix imagery but found the feathers were far more striking.